Online Main Menu Online Features : Tournaments, Friends and Stake Races

Sebastian Boczek

CEO, Game Director, Programmer
LV

Awards
Today I would like to present the online systems that you will find in The Karters :)

Online is really important for me and I tried to make it really fun and include as many features into online UI as possible - hope you will like it! ;)

In the video you can see 3 major online sections:
  1. Tournaments -
    • Every day you will be able to join a tournament and race against other players (tournament can be joined by an unlimited number of players)
    • Each Friday there will be a 'Weekly Tournament'
    • On the last Friday of the month, there will be a "Monthly Tournament" - The most Prestigious Tournament of all
    • Every day there will be 3 tournaments, one for each region. You can join multiple tournaments if you want to
    • After registration, rooms will be created and auto-joined. The best 4 players from each room will advance to the next round, others will get eliminated
    • The final round will consist of 8 players, and the player that wins will be visible in the "Winners" window (up to 4 months for Monthly Tournament)
    • It is not yet decided if the tournament has a fixed reward (regardless of player count) or the price will be an accumulated entrance from the players
  2. Stake Race
    • The idea behind the staked race is to create natural skill matchmaking. Fresh players won't be able to join higher-stake rooms, but if they have enough money from their play-time, they can try to win against the best players
    • 0 points stake room is free-entry with the reward of X coins - these coins will allow to enter higher stake rooms (with higher-ranked players) and to buy items in the shop
    • This system will add an extra layer of adrenaline during playing high stake room with players where you have a lot to win but you are risking a lot too
  3. Friend Match
    • Friend List will show your friends, their rooms and their level
    • I am thinking about making some sort of guilds that will be integrated directly into the game (and created via Discord). It is not yet implemented but I think it is a nice idea
    • You can create friend room and race against each other
    • You can find friends via 6-Digits ID. It will be very helpful to find friends from other platforms

In online races, you can play solo, but you can also join the online races in the coop (up to 6 players).

The online UI logic is almost complete so please share what do you think about these systems and what could be improved Thanks! :)

UnDon3

LV

Awards
Wow! The idea is really cooñ, about the tournaments! I think rewards could be in game currency in order to buy cosmetics inside the game.

Sebastian Boczek

CEO, Game Director, Programmer
LV

Awards
Wow! The idea is really cooñ, about the tournaments! I think rewards could be in game currency in order to buy cosmetics inside the game.
This is exactly how it is working right now ;) Glad you liked it!